If you would like to improve your CELBAN scores, you may take the test again. It is the test taker’s responsibility to register in accordance to CELBAN’s re-take policies. Please note that penalties apply to tests scheduled improperly.
When scheduling your next test, you must consider the following:
- CELBAN attempts are limited to three times in a two-year period.
- The two-year period begins on the day of your first completed CELBAN test.
- There must be at least three months between each test sitting.
- Results from tests completed within three months of each other will be withheld.
- Results from a fourth test completed within a two-year period will be withheld.
- You are responsible for monitoring this timeline.
After two years, a new two-year period begins, and you will have another three attempts to take the test. The same conditions apply.
The CELBAN Centre reserves the right to refuse and/or cancel registrations for repeated tests that are scheduled within three months or exceed the allowable number in a two-year period.
Example of our Three Month Policy:
If you wrote your original CELBAN test on January 24, 2018, then you would be eligible to re-take the test on April 24, 2018.
If you wrote your original CELBAN test on February 5, 2018, you are NOT eligible to re-take the test on or before May 4, 2018.
The CELBAN policy states that CELBAN tests must be written three months apart and this does not always translate to 90 days. We calculate our three month policy to the exact day of the month.
Example of our Two Year Policy:
If you wrote three CELBAN tests in a two year period, you will not be able to write the test again until exactly two years from your first CELBAN test.
If the three tests you wrote took place on: February 28, 2018, May 28, 2018, and August 28, 2018. You cannot write another test until February 28, 2020 or afterwards. From then, you can write three months after each test date to a maximum of three tests in another two year period.