Who can take the CELBAN?
You can take CELBAN if:
- You would like to be registered by a provincial regulatory body. (Check with the regulator in your province for exact language and registration requirements.)
- You were previously educated as a registered nurse in another country.
- You have a native language other than English.
Can I change my test date or location?
To make changes to your test date or location, you must cancel your current test reservation and register for a new test. Learn more about cancelling your test.
What should I bring with me on test day?
On test day, you will need to bring:
- Personal ID – See these examples of acceptable ID
- Your CELBAN Confirmation Letter
When will I receive my results?
CELBAN score reports are mailed within 20 business days of your test date. Learn more about your reports.
How can I get additional copies of my Official Test Results?
To receive additional copies of your Official Test Results, you must submit an Additional Transcript Request Form
. A $25 fee applies for each additional transcript requested.
How long will The CELBAN Centre keep my results?
Results can be issued up to two years after your CELBAN test date.
How can I prepare for CELBAN?
There are many ways you can prepare for CELBAN.
Learn more about preparing for CELBAN.
- Download the CELBAN Test-Taking Strategies PDF and study the test format, so that you have an idea of what to expect.
- Ask a friend to play the part of a patient or colleague and practise language tasks you would use in nursing practice – for example, asking a patient for information, explaining or giving instructions.
- Contact your local college or university and ask about language training, test preparation or academic pathway programs.
- Take the CELBAN Readiness Self-Assessment to find out if you are ready to take the test. The test is free and available online.
I need to cancel my test. Can I get a refund?
If you cancelled your test more than 20 business days before the date, you will receive a refund of $300. Cancellations made fewer than 20 business days before the test date are not eligible for a refund. Learn more about cancelling your test.
How many times can I take the CELBAN test?
You can take CELBAN up to three times within a two year period. You must wait at least three months before repeating the test. Learn more about re-taking the CELBAN test.